Hemp CBD: What is a ‘safe’ product, and why is it important?
Dangerous and fraudulent Hemp CBD product stories have flooded the media over the past two years. This is because unlike traditional products, Hemp CBD products are not regulated by the government.
With no regulation, there are many opportunities for product suppliers to cut corners – saving them money – resulting in dangerous products being sold at stores. And a dangerous product can make you sick – or worse.
You deserve to know the Hemp CBD product you buy has the CBD potency it claims – but most importantly – that it is free from harmful contaminants and is safe to consume.
All TIKKI and JAYA Hemp CBD products are “full panel” tested for potency, purity and safety by MCR Labs – a premier, independent third-party accredited testing lab in Framingham MA. Stratacann also makes these test results easily available to you through an Electronic Certificate of Analysis (eCOA) delivery system.
Scan It & See
- Scan the QR code on any TIKKI or JAYA product hang tag and see the test results (on a smart phone, aim your phone’s camera at the code and open the website link to retrieve the eCOA, or use your phone’s QR code app.
- Scroll through the MCR Labs mobile app to gain valuable insight and proof that the TIKKI and JAYA products you are purchasing are of the utmost purity and safety.
For any Hemp CBD you buy, always scan the product’s QR code on the label to make sure:
- The QR code connects you to an independent third-party testing lab's website that displays the product's testing information (COA).
- The name on the COA matches the product name that you are buying. The date on the COA is less than 6 months from the date you intend to buy the product.
- The COA includes these Minimum Testing Requirements:
- For flower, pre-roll, blunt and cigar products, the COA should show cannabinoid (CBD) profile & potency, THC levels, terpene profile, microbiological, mycotoxin, pathogen and pesticide test results.
- For manufactured products such as vape pens, capsules, gummies, oils and other topicals, the COA should show all of the above PLUS heavy metals, and residual solvents.
- The COA should be easy to read and understand, and have descriptions of each test.
Other Important Certifications
In addition to demanding that your Hemp CBD products are accurately tested, look for the following certifications on labels. All TIKKI and JAYA products are backed by the following certifications:
- 100% grown and made in the USA
- US Hemp Authority Certified
- Current Good Manufacturing Practice Certified (cGMP)